Learning to See
This is the second incarnation of my blog. The first one ran for nearly two years, beginning in early 2008. Now, as I make a fresh start, I thought it was time for the blog to have a name. Let’s face it, the old name, Jon Roemer – Photographer – Blog, wasn’t too exciting and cried out for something to be left to the imagination.
Learning to See was the first thing to come mind. It encompasses the lifelong process of trying to see in new ways and with fresh eyes. The challenge of communicating through my work and the challenge of seeing, hearing, and understanding all that is in the world around me.
For over twenty years I have provided award winning photography to editorial, corporate, design, and advertising clients. Shooting a mix of people and place, shooting my own work, and often combining the three – it has been a busy time.
My blog plays many roles: journal, press agent, manual, visual diary, a place to put notes I’m afraid I’ll misplace. My guide is simply – this interests me, I’ll put it out there, it might interest others.
My main web site and to see my portfolios: www.jonroemer.com.
Subscribe to this blog’s feed: FEED ME.
Sign up to receive my email promos: via the Contact Page.
- Canon C300 Workflow - FCP, FCP X, Avid & Premiere
- Canon C300: FCP X vs. XF Utility for Backup/Archive
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Now Shoots Video
- Stopping Short of Rails
- Quick & Easy: Batch Canon C300 MXF to MOV via FCP X
- Canon 24mm f/1.4L II & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II Lenses
- Aperture 2 - Custom Web Pages
- 5D Mark III - Quick Initial Thoughts
- Aperture 3, Too Sharp? Tweak the Default