In between jobs I’m continuing to test the C300. This past weekend was a chance to run it in 720/60p mode and see how it fares vs. 1080/24p.
The two modes are pretty indistinguishable though as expected 1080 has the edge in detail. What’s nice to see is that 720 is not compromised as it often is with a DSLR.
There are clips in the video in both 1080 and 720 HD, 24p and 60p respectively. It was shot in C-log, edited and graded in FCP X in a 720/24p timeline. Some 60p clips are conformed to 24p for slow motion. Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS and 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II lenses were used along with a monopod.
- Canon C300 Workflow - FCP, FCP X, Avid & Premiere
- Canon C300: FCP X vs. XF Utility for Backup/Archive
- Canon C300 Firmware Update Coming in October 2013
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Now Shoots Video
- The PPC is Here - the Portfolio PDF Creator
- Putting the sRGB Back in WordPress
- C Notes
- Making the Grade
- CIT - Yeah, You Know Me