After four months on order, my Canon C300 has arrived. The C300 is the first of Canon’s line of Cinema EOS cameras – inverting what was the standard with their DSLRs. In this case, creating a camera designed from the ground up to shoot video not stills.
Its form factor is [...]
A photo, a portrait, can sometimes be a puzzle. Asked to do a feature on Sophie Clarke, last fall’s Survivor South Pacific winner, it was up to me to find a concept. How do you meld Survivor, reference the South Pacific where it took place, and pay homage to her new home town, [...]
Last Friday was my first opportunity to use the Litepanels’ Sola ENGs on set. They worked well and definitely far better than relying on my Omni Lights + CTB filters for backdrop lights.
The light from the Sola ENGs is easy to control. The two were set to flood and full power, their [...]
I’m running some quick tests today on Litepanels Sola ENG lights to see if I can use them to replace my sixteen year old Lowel Omni lights. I have used two of the Omnis on video projects with CTB filters to convert them to daylight when I have needed something beyond [...]
- Canon C300 Workflow - FCP, FCP X, Avid & Premiere
- Canon C300: FCP X vs. XF Utility for Backup/Archive
- Stopping Short of Rails
- 5D Mark III - Quick Initial Thoughts
- Quick & Easy: Batch Canon C300 MXF to MOV via FCP X
- Canon 24mm f/1.4L II & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II Lenses
- The End of the Affair
- Aperture 3, Too Sharp? Tweak the Default
- Aperture 2 - Custom Web Pages