I got my start shooting events in New York City in the late 80′s. Since then I have reduced the event coverage gigs to less than a handful per year, preferring to concentrate on the work you see on my web site.
Monday night though was Fordham’s Founder’s Dinner, an event I have [...]
I got my 5DM3′s this past Wednesday (thanks again to Allen at Allen’s Camera) and jumped right in. After some initial tests and setting up the menus I shot a job with them the next day.
This is not a full review, it’s just some initial thoughts from the perspective of one who [...]
Quickly becoming the Zelig of the photo blogging world, a month ago it was a shout out from theC47.com, today it’s running into Jared Polin of FroKnowsPhoto.com at Allen’s Camera and loaning my brand spanking new 5D Mark III for him to make a few quick tests.
That’s yours truly [...]
In Coney Island a week ago Sunday to location scout and then photograph Survivor: South Pacific winner Sophie Clarke. The season was filmed last summer and aired last fall (2011.) Sophie is now in medical school in New York City.
I can’t show you images from the shoot but here are some hipstamatics [...]
It appears that spring 2012 has the potential to be a perfect storm. On the dslr front both Nikon and Canon are releasing updates to their pro lines. On the video front, for Canon at least, there are options like the C300. Throw into the mix a possible long overdue update to the Mac Pro…
- Canon C300 Workflow - FCP, FCP X, Avid & Premiere
- Canon C300: FCP X vs. XF Utility for Backup/Archive
- Canon 24mm f/1.4L II & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II Lenses
- 5D Mark III - Quick Initial Thoughts
- Aperture 3, Too Sharp? Tweak the Default
- Putting the sRGB Back in WordPress
- Late 2012 Video Smackdown
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Now Shoots Video
- Aperture 3.4 Corrects 5D Mark III Highlight Issue