I am very proud of this piece. Its short length does not begin to convey the amount of work which went into it. It was created for Columbia Law School as a fundraising video to kick off their Annual Fund.
Production was done by the Law School’s Office of Communication and Public Affairs (thanks Libby & Michele!) I was director, cameraman, and editor. My assistants did sound (thanks Dan & Chris!)
The photography was completed in two days split between three visits to the campus. There is a very tiny bit of b-roll provided by a second shooter, Alex Hotz.
This is the director’s cut – it is more interview centric than the official cut, concentrating on the stories of a few students.
The official cut, “Remember your first day of law school?”, can be found on my vimeo page and on Columbia’s site. It is a bit lighter in tone, a bit faster paced, featuring more students with shorter sound bites.
- Canon C300 Workflow - FCP, FCP X, Avid & Premiere
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Now Shoots Video
- C300 Firmware 220.127.116.11.00, Canon Tethering under Mavericks, and App Nap
- Canon C300: FCP X vs. XF Utility for Backup/Archive
- Lawyer Up
- Longer Look - Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E Lens
- Canon's New TS-E Lenses (17 and 24 II) vs. Medium Format
- Kodachrome Calls it Quits
- Zacuto Stuff
- C Notes