The last piece of the puzzle for the new studio, short of the grass growing in, is also its only indulgence. All other details have been selected with budget and function primary factors. For the short walkway to and from, it’s only about 10′, I wanted something special and close to my heart. For me, that’s Deer Isle/Stonington granite.
When it turned out that one color of the studio’s exterior HardiePanel was already called Boothbay Blue completing the Maine theme was preordained. I have vacationed in Maine off and on for over twenty years, having fallen in love with the Deer Isle – Stonington area. My web site has a Maine gallery and some of the images in my Family gallery are from Maine as well. You’ll find ample evidence of the granite in its raw state throughout the photos.
Finding Deer Isle granite and getting it to New Jersey is not as easy as it seems. Luckily, after much Googling I came across Swenson Granite Works and New Jersey is just within the delivery range for their Newtown, CT store. They pulled up yesterday in their brand new truck complete with a very cool wirelessly controlled crane.
Video and stills via the iPhone 4, video edited on the iMovie app.
Music: The Clash.
- Canon C300 Workflow - FCP, FCP X, Avid & Premiere
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Now Shoots Video
- C300 Firmware 184.108.40.206.00, Canon Tethering under Mavericks, and App Nap
- Canon C300: FCP X vs. XF Utility for Backup/Archive
- Lawyer Up
- Longer Look - Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E Lens
- Canon's New TS-E Lenses (17 and 24 II) vs. Medium Format
- By the Rivers of Long Valley
- Kodachrome Calls it Quits
- Zacuto Stuff