At time when the news out of Mexico and Mexico City is rarely positive comes the intriguing story of the Mexican Suitcase, three cardboard boxes containing 4,300 negatives. The work of three photographers; Robert Capa, Gerda Taro, and David Seymour; the cases most likely made their way into the [...]
Yesterday, Air Force One took in some of the tourists sites in New York Harbor, posing for a photo op, and sending workers scurrying out of buildings with memories of the low-flying planes on 9/11. All was okay; the mission pre-approved, but the planners were a bit too tight on the need-to-know protocol.
Earlier this week I noticed that one of the SuperDrives in my Mac Pro was acting funky. It saw any burned DVD as blank. I have *two SuperDrives in the computer so using the second drive confirmed the issues with the first. A call to Apple was in order. Normally, that’s not painful but as [...]
Both galleries well worth a look:
I met Damon this winter while covering the funeral of Cardinal Avery Dulles at [...]
Monticello is in the press a bit currently. A new education center is being dedicated there later this week. I happened to visit a week ago.
For more information on Jefferson’s Spherical Sundial.
These images and more are in the Monticello & Charlottesville gallery on my web site.
- Canon C300 Workflow - FCP, FCP X, Avid & Premiere
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Now Shoots Video
- Canon C300: FCP X vs. XF Utility for Backup/Archive
- Making the Grade
- Did You Get the Purse? You Got to Get the Purse. Get the Purse.
- Longer Look - Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E Lens
- The Lost Boys
- Canon's New TS-E Lenses (17 and 24 II) vs. Medium Format
- FCP X 10.0.3 - Time-lapse Creation