Like many, I knew of Dith Pran through the Oscar award winning movie, The Killing Fields. The movie came out in 1984 and was still fresh in the cultural landscape when I began working as a staff photographer in New York City late in the [...]
In the Forest of Fontainebleau, is a new exhibition at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC. It runs through June 8th. I was able to see the show last weekend and it is just wonderful. It presents the work of painters and photographers who gravitated [...]
It’s always great to see someone do well and break the mold at the same time. Last week Joshua Micah Marshall, founder of TalkingPointsMemo.com, won a Polk Award for legal reporting on his coverage of the US Attorney firing scandal. Over the years, Josh has [...]
This past fall I was commissioned by Princeton University to photograph the cupola on Nassau Hall. To Princeton students and alumni this is the source of all things Princeton. If you are not familiar with Nassau Hall it was constructed in 1754 and in 1783 [...]
Concurrent with the launch of this blog I’ve updated my web site, JonRoemer.com. There are four new galleries and one gallery has been expanded with recent images.
Here’s the run down:
- Canon C300 Workflow - FCP, FCP X, Avid & Premiere
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Now Shoots Video
- Canon C300: FCP X vs. XF Utility for Backup/Archive
- Making the Grade
- Did You Get the Purse? You Got to Get the Purse. Get the Purse.
- Putting the sRGB Back in WordPress
- Longer Look - Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E Lens
- The PPC is Here - the Portfolio PDF Creator
- The Lost Boys